You can find the source of this version on GitHub at cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release. It was created based on the commit
- Verified with grootfs-release v0.11.0
Hi garden fans! Today we have a bumper release with lots of nice little fixes and improvements:
API Changes and Deprecations:
- Docker Auth Support: The
client.Create call now supports an
Image.URI field which deprecates the existing
RootfsPath field. It acts in exactly the same way as the existing field, however it is now possible to specify
Image.Password which will be passed to the
image_plugin if configured. This allows an image_plugin (such as grootfs) to support authenticated Docker images.
- Create-Time NetIn/Out:
NetOut are now able to be specified on the
client.Create call, and we recommend all clients switch to this as the dynamic methods are now deprecated. If specified, they are passed to the
network_plugin on create, which allows better integration with
CNI up/down hooks. The existing methods will continue to be supported in the built-in
kawasaki networker until the next major version bump.
- Image Plugin API: Experimental
image_plugin API continues to evolve, now does not needlessly swap uid before running the plugin in unprivileged mode (this is up to the plugin to do if it wishes).
- Grace Time:
grace_time now defaults to
0 (i.e. infinity). Most clients were explicitly overriding our default here anyway, and without this default it is impossible to later ask for a container not to have a grace time (since 0 in
client.Create means “use the default”). Clients must now explicitly set the
grace_time bosh property if they wish containers to have a grace time by default.
- RunC was bumped to the latest version
Inspector-garden is no longer needed! You can now interact with containers without any extra steps. (Yay!)
- Fixed handling of the bosh release shutdown script to avoid a case where a non-zero exit was returned to bosh even though the server had been killed
- The bosh release now increases pid limits to avoid running out of pids in large deployments (to avoid pid exhaustion from containers we recommend configuring
ContainerSpec.Pids.Max in the
- It is possible to opt-out of apparmor (for environments which cannot support it), by specifying an empty string for the
apparmor_profile property. It is also possible to request a different apparmor profile than the garden-default be used, so long as this is installed on the host (for example as a bosh pre-start job in an add-on).
- iptables rules now add a descriptive comment containing the container guid for easier debuggability
- Work continues on the experimental rootless mode, there is now a separate
setup command which can be run as root, allowing the main guardian server to start up without needing root.
You can reference this release in your deployment manifest from the
- name: "garden-runc" version: "1.2.0" url: "https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release?v=1.2.0" sha1: "37d46f41d187dbd90e1bf0748fa5c1fb60870bff"
Or upload it to your director with the
bosh upload-release --sha1 37d46f41d187dbd90e1bf0748fa5c1fb60870bff \ https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release?v=1.2.0