Changes from v1.23.2 to v1.24.0
- Verified with garden-runc-release v1.9.0.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.7.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v117.
- Verified with cf-mysql-release v35.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-release v1.145.0.
- LRP event stream intermittently incorrectly creating removed event when one ActualLRP removed but LRP group is still present
De-Consuling Locks (Experimental)
- As a Locket client, I expect to be able to specify the resource type via an enum instead of via a string-based value
- As a Diego operator, I expect the locket server to report an error log line if it fails a lock request for a reason other than a lock collision
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to configure the BBS not to detect cell registrations in Consul
Container Networking Support
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt the ssh-proxy into using instance IP and port information instead of the host-side IP and port in order to connect to them directly
v2 Loggregator API Adoption (Experimental)
- As a Diego operator, I expect locket to emit its component and Golang metrics via the v2 loggregator API if so configured
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt all capable Diego components into using the v2 Loggregator API via the diego-release manifest-generation templates
Garden OCI Image Support (Experimental)
- As an OCI mode consumer, given that I have enabled the OCI mode feature flag, I expect to see that the RootFS uri passed to garden is of the form rootfs+droplet:// with the correct rootfs and droplet path`
- cloudfoundry/rep #15: Support preloaded+droplet scheme in rootFS URIs
- cloudfoundry/bbs #21: Add PreloadedOCIRootFSScheme constant
- API client sees that Procfile values are merged with buildpack provided values
- cloudfoundry/buildpackapplifecycle #21: Cannot clone git repositories when system buildpacks are present
- Add missing error check on BAL and libbuildpack
- BAL runs on Windows Server 2016
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #321: Allow Buildpack App Lifecycle to be built for Windows
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #333: add ability to configure instance_identity on Windows
- BAL - linux/windows split of copyDirectory etc….
App Logging and Metrics
- As a CF user, when my app instance or task has been signaled to shut down gracefully, I expect to see a log line indicating that in the log stream for that instance
Component Logging and Metrics
- As a Diego operator, I would like the BBS API access logs to contain the source IP and port of the request so that I can identify BBS API clients
- Switch Buildpack App Lifecycle to go-yaml
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #337: Update buildpack_app_lifecycle and convert to go-yaml
Test Suites and Tooling
- As a Diego operator, I expect the cell rep working directories (cacheddownloader asset cache, etc.) to be at fixed locations under
- Remove gorouter and any unnecessary related dependencies from diego-release
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #335: Unused parameters in Diego manifest
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
diego.bbs.detect_consul_cell_registrations: Whether the BBS should detect cell registrations from Consul. Defaults to
- Removed obsolete
loggregator.use_v2_api: Whether to use the v2 Loggregator API when sending component metrics to the local metron agent.
loggregator.v2_api_port: Port for the v2 Loggregator API.
loggregator.ca_cert: CA certificate to use to validate the v2 Loggregator API connection to metron.
loggregator.cert: Certificate to present when connecting to the v2 Loggregator API.
loggregator.key: Private key for the v2 Loggregator API client.
connect_to_instance_address: whether the SSH-Proxy should try connecting directly to the application instance IP instead of through the cell IP and translated port. Defaults to
BOSH link changes
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.24.0 --sha1 356b51fc02e1ea77f3335770a20559139e9c5b83
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "1.24.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: 356b51fc02e1ea77f3335770a20559139e9c5b83 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.24.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.24.0